Preparing for Leadership: What It Takes to Take the Lead
Do you need leadership training to prepare you to take that next step? Learn how to get noticed and selected for a leadership position and develop the skills every confident leader needs.
This leadership training course is uniquely designed to help leaders-to-be get ready for their new challenges and responsibilities. You’ll discover the heart, soul and mind of true leadership. Through role-playing, self-assessment tests and other leadership training scenarios? you’ll explore leadership roles as strategist, change agent, coach, manager, communicator, mentor and team member. And you’ll learn how to develop your unique leadership style for maximum impact.
- 148,500 yen (inc.tax)
- Quintegral Faculty
- 2 days（9:30-17:30）
- PDU Leadership: 14.0
Select date & time
How You Will Benefit
- • Understand what a leader is?and is not
- • Project a more dynamic image
- • Discover your own unique leadership style
- • Determine which leadership attributes you already possess
- • Apply lessons learned through leadership training to take on your first leadership position with greater confidence
- • Get noticed by learning how to look and talk like a leader
- • Find out what people expect and respect in a leader
- • Apply lessons learned through leadership training to refine your skills in gaining and using power and influence positively
- • Learn how to motivate a team, including “difficult people”
- • Protect yourself against the pitfalls of intra-organizational politics
Who Should Attend
- Any manager who needs leadership training to step into a leadership role or who is about to take on a new leadership assignment.
1. Is There a Leader in You?
• Discuss Which Qualities Senior Management Looks for in Candidates for Leadership Positions
• Explain What Followers Expect from Their Leaders
• Identify Your Major Strengths and Areas for Improvement as a Leader
• Build Your Leadership Development Plan Using The Leadership Model
2. What Do Leaders Talk About?
• Assess Your Own Leadership Style
• Develop the Most Effective Leadership Style for Your Position
• Identify and Use Effective Communication Patterns
• Identify the Types of Subjects Leaders Discuss
• Create a Vision, Set Direction and Give Instructions That Are Understood and Fol-lowed
• Explain the Benefits of Vision, Mission, and Values Statements That Are Thoroughly Implemented
3. What Is Your Leadership Image?
• Project the Positive Professional Image of a Leader
• Understand the Importance of Trust and Its Effects on Followers
• Build Relationships of Trust with Those You Lead
4. How Can You Build Your Influence and Power?
• Identify a Leader’s Sources of Power and Influence
• Describe Ways That Leaders Can Build Their Power and Influence
• Expand Your Power Network by Developing Key Relationships
• Understand the Precautions on the Use of Your Power and Influence
• List the Traps to Avoid in Using Power
5. How Should You Handle Organizational Politics?
• Differentiate between Good Politics and Bad Politics
• Explain Why Leaders Must Understand and Participate in Organizational Politics
• Describe How Leaders Develop and Advance Their Leadership Agenda
• Explain Strategies for Getting Others to Support Your Agenda
• Cope with and Survive the Agendas of Adversaries
6. How Can You Motivate People?
• Explain the Things That Really Motivate People
• List the Factors That Make People Act the Way They Do
• Explain How to Handle Former Peers Who Resist Your Authority
• Describe How to Handle Difficult People
Prerequisite / Pre-Assignment
TOEIC Score 650 or Higher / Pre-Assignment Required