Assertiveness Training for Women in Business ～Speak out with confidence?Become an Assertive Business Woman.～
In todays ever changing business environment it is vital for women to have an assertive voice in business. Assertiveness techniques, when used effectively, can enhance almost every aspect of your job and life — Knowing which tools and techniques to use, and how and when to use them, is critical. AMA’s assertiveness training for women is a 2-day seminar that addresses the unique challenges women face in business and provides them with the assertiveness techniques essential for survival and advancement in their industry. With these skills, women can feel secure that they are sending the right signals that elicit the right responses. They will help you command respect while being respectful and handle almost any situation you’re likely to encounter without seeming overbearing.
AMA's assertiveness training for women gives you the opportunity to practice fundamental assertiveness skills and to share your concerns with other women in a supportive and encouraging learning environment. You’ll assess your leadership style and then apply the new skills and tools you learn directly to one of your own challenges, receive feedback, and refine your skills. Return to work with a complete and flexible plan for achieving the kind of assertiveness your position demands.
- Please contact us for details
- Delivery Language: Japanese Material Language: English
- Hosted by
- Quintegral Ltd.
- 2 days（9:30-17:30）
- Material Language: English; Delivery Language: Japanese; Participants are asked to read English instructions before exercises.
How You Will Benefit
- ● Define assertiveness and its key characteristics
- ● Describe your individual journey to build effective assertiveness competence
- ● Demonstrate assertiveness techniques using supportive communication behaviors
- ● Develop an action plan to incorporate assertiveness techniques in the workplace
Who Should Attend
- Female business professionals who want to strengthen their assertiveness techniques, alleviate weaknesses and improve their communication skills as they relate to being assertive in business.
Foundations of Assertiveness
● Define assertiveness
● Distinguish among passive, assertive, and aggressive behaviors
● Discuss how socialization affects your behavior in the business environment
● Identify personal work situations and obstacles that challenge assertive behavior
Assertiveness and You
● Identify your assertiveness style preferences
● Assess and identify strengths and weaknesses of your assertiveness style
● Practice using an assertive communication model
● Discuss how value systems impact your assertiveness
● Identify ways to reduce role conflict
Empowered and Assertively Responsive
● Define and assess professional self-esteem
● Practice the elements of assertive responsiveness
● Plan for implementing empowered behaviors and communication
Assertive Communications Skills
● Identify effective communication skills that exude assertive confidence
● Apply active and reflective listening skills to build assertive skills
● Listen and respond assertively to feedback and criticism
● Identify techniques for preventing and coping with stress
● Discuss the nature and value of women support networks and resources
● Plan for continuing assertiveness growth
Assertive Techniques and Practices
● Describe four special assertive techniques
● Say “No” and survive
Assertiveness and Leading
● Identify new ways to use assertive leadership in your personal and professional life
Prerequisite / Pre-Assignment
English reading skills are required.
- Course outline is partly subject to change without prior notice.
Monday - Friday 9:00-17:30
Closed: Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays, New Years holidays (12/29-1/4)