Virtual Communication Workshop
Communicating virtually is convenient and a huge asset if/when we know how to use it to our best advantage—but few of us have the experience to consistently do so. Take this course to learn how to tame and leverage the digital communication tools you and your team use every day and get more things done with greater impact. In addition to practical tips and best practices, you’ll explore more in-depth topics like intergenerational communication, ensuring messages are understood and acted upon, breaking down silos, reducing cross-team dysfunction, and harnessing digital tools in every form to strengthen relationships, increase productivity and improve job satisfaction.
- Please contact us for details
- Delivery Language: Japanese Material Language: English
- Hosted by
- Quintegral Ltd.
- 2 days
- PDU Leadership: 14.0
- Material Language: English; Delivery Language: Japanese; Participants are asked to read English instructions before exercises.
How You Will Benefit
- ● Explore a wide range of digital communication systems, from internal corporate messaging apps like Slack or MS Teams to external channels
- ● Recognize how different generations communicate (style, tone, modality, speed of response, and more)
- ● Learn how interpersonal relationships affect digital communications (and vice versa)
- ● Explore best practices for using digital communication methods for multiple purposes
- ● Take actions to ensure your messages will be read and acted upon
- ● Discover best practices for attending video meetings or leaving video messages (digital body language)
Who Should Attend
- This course is designed for all professionals who want to build new digital habits (whether experienced or inexperienced with digital communications) and get more things done with greater impact, effectiveness and speed.
● Assessing the effective and ineffective uses of your organization’s communication modalities
● Recognizing how virtual communication tools in the workplace draw different types of users
● Exploring how communicating cross-generationally can strengthen interpersonal relationships within workplace teams
● Identifying best practices for using short message technology
● Understanding the importance of context setting in virtual messaging
● Determining the needs of your audience and the best message modality for communicating with them
● Exploring best practices for different virtual communication modalities
● Troubleshooting and finding solutions when things go wrong in virtual communications
● Determining preferences, choices for, and usage of different modalities for different scenarios
● Discussing how virtual communication systems can be used for multiple purposes
● Practicing and applying skills learned to your virtual workplace technology using typical scenarios.
● Creating your virtual communication plan
Prerequisite / Pre-Assignment
English reading skills are required.
- ● Course outline is partly subject to change without prior notice.
- ● Please contact us for the release date of this course.
Monday - Friday 9:00-17:30
Closed: Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays, New Years holidays (12/29-1/4)