Moving from Inclusion to Belonging: How to Shift from Intent to Impact ～Take diversity, equity and inclusion to the next level～
If you’ve ever worked for an organization driven by camaraderie, collaboration and purpose, you know the magic of belonging. A sense of belonging enables all these things, while its absence exacts a cost. This workshop teaches how belonging is an invaluable next step for organizations creating diverse, inclusive and equitable workplaces. This science-based program explores current trends in belongingness and provides attendees with the framework for creating a “belongingness culture” that unlocks the individual and collective potential of employees and allows them to contribute their very best.
- 71,500 yen (inc.tax)
- Delivery Language: Japanese Material Language: English
- Hosted by
- Quintegral Ltd.
- 1 day（9:30-17:30）
- PDU Power Skills: 7.0
Select date & time
- ● Material Language: English; Delivery Language: Japanese; Participants are asked to read English instructions before exercises.
- ● Live online seminar is delivered using Zoom.
How You Will Benefit
- ● Learn the process for initiating a belongingness mandate
- ● Lay the groundwork for shifting your culture
- ● Create an inclusive workplace that fosters belonging
- ● Explore ways to overcome barriers to embracing acceptance and inclusion
- ● Promote belongingness across remote and flexible work environments
Who Should Attend
- Champions of diversity, inclusion and equity at every level within organizations who aspire to initiate a corporate belongingness mandate.
1. Learning Objectives
- Understand What Belonging Is and Why It Is Important to Organizations
- Identify the Beliefs, Myths and Perceptions on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Discover the Impact of Exclusion and the Business Imperative for Inclusion
- Understand the Science for Belongingness to Thrive in Organizations
- Assess the Current State of Belongingness in Your Organization
- Leverage the Power Structure Drivers in Organizations That Create a Culture of Belongingness
- Develop an Authentic Culture of Belongingness at Work
2. What Is Belonging?
- Define What Makes up Belonging
- Identify the Beliefs, Myths, and Perceptions on Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging
- Understand the Strengths and Limitations of These Beliefs and Perceptions on the Current Conversation
3. The People and Business Imperative for Belonging
- Identify Current Drivers for Belongingness
- Understand the Cost of Exclusion
- Create an Environment That Fosters Belonging
4. The Science Behind Belongingness
- Understand the Science Behind Belonging
- Understand How the Brain Processes Exclusion and the Impact on Behavior
- Understand Psychological Safety and Its Impact on Behavior
5. The Power Behind a Culture of Belonging in Organizations
- Recognize Influences and Power Structures at Work
- Understand the Power Structure of Influencers that Create a Culture of Belongingness
- Identify How You Can Influence Power Structure Drivers to Develop a Workplace of Belonging
6. Beyond the Offer Letter: Laying the Foundation for Belongingness
- Recognize the Current Reality in Employing Belongingness at Work
- Assess the Onboarding Experience
- Identify Ways of Creating a Workplace of Inclusion to Foster Belongingness in the Workplace
7. Evolving from Intent to Impact: Developing a Competency of Belonging
- Take Ownership of Developing a Culture of Belongingness in the Workplace
- Distill and Build Your Learning Through a Final Activity
Prerequisite / Pre-Assignment
English reading skills are required.
- Course outline is partly subject to change without prior notice.
Monday - Friday 9:00-17:30
Closed: Saturday, Sunday, National Holidays, New Years holidays (12/29-1/4)