Leading in a Diverse and Inclusive Culture in English
A diverse team with unique individual perspectives can deliver exceptional results. Having such a team calls for a leader with an arsenal of inclusive leadership practices and keen self-awareness.
This course gives you deeper insights into yourself, your team, and the benefits of inclusion at all levels in your organization. Through self-assessments, case studies, and proven hands-on activities, you’ll develop competencies and get tools to create an environment fueled by engagement and innovation. In addition, you’ll learn to apply a roadmap that ensures that all are heard, recognized, and appreciated—so productivity can soar.
- 2 日
- PDU Leadership: 11.0 Business/Strategic: 3.0
- ● Recognize the issues and value of D&I at the personal, team, and organizational levels
- ● Become a more inclusive leader by recognizing strengths and growth opportunities for yourself and for others
- ● Communicate effectively and inclusively in a diverse environment
- ● Articulate how operating from biases impacts innovation, productivity, and engagements
- ● Analyze diversity and cultural competencies in the context of talent management
- ● Harness the power of differences to boost team performance and collaboration
- ● Manage disagreements, misunderstandings, and conflict
- Managers and leaders who want to promote and lead an increasingly diverse workforce and client base, and promote an inclusive environment; diversity and inclusion leaders; learning and development professionals.
1. Introduction to Diversity and Inclusion
2. Bridging Communication Differences
3. Leading a Successful Multicultural Team
4. Dialogue: Having Difficult Conversations
5. Your Vision and Plan for an Inclusive Workplace
TOEIC Score 650 or Higher