Managing Chaos in English: Tools to Set Priorities and Make Decisions Under Pressure
Learn to transform unproductive confusion and disorder into controllable challenges.
This seminar equips you with fast, effective tools to plan your day and adjust to shifting priorities and demands—with less stress and greater clarity.
You’ll leave knowing how to apply the appropriate techniques to alleviate, clarify and eliminate chaos within your control.
- 2 日 （9:30-17:30）
- PDU Power Skills: 14.0
- ● For those who are attending Live Online seminar, a hard copy of assessment will be sent to the address registered for this course prior to the seminar.
- ● Live online seminar is delivered using Zoom.
- ● Reduce, clarify and eliminate chaos within your control
- ● Identify, analyze and determine priority of your workday
- ● Use a daily action plan to allocate time and energy
- ● Remain focused and act more decisively when priorities shift
- ● Become more assertive and strategic in your communication
- ● Manage interruptions and conflicts with greater ease
- ● Utilize the right tools to balance and manage tough choices
- Anyone facing shifting priorities, expanding workloads, tight deadlines, organizational restructuring, multiple projects pulling you in different directions, and increased uncertainty.
1. Define Chaos within Your Control
-Identifying sources of workplace chaos
-Understanding organizational challenges on managers and employees
-Assessing the impact your decisions have on key stakeholders
2. Thinking and Decision Making
-Identifying the real/root cause of a problem or Issue
-Generating multiple.creative ideas quickly
-Organizing ideas in order to firmly grasp critical components of a problem
-Applying one identification tool for analysis
-Tools: Fishbone.mind maps.affinity diagrams
3. Priority Planning
-SWOT analysis: determining priorities
-GAP analysis: assessing the current situation vs. the desired outcome
-Risk analysis: evaluating impact and related risks
-Priority matrix: using importance and urgency model to determine and validate priorities
4. Plan Daily Work
-Daily action plan: allocating time and energy for the most important priorities
-Time estimate: accurately estimating how long it takes to complete your critical tasks
-Interruption log: identifying “necessary” vs. “unnecessary” interruptions
5. Assertive Communication
-Understanding assertive vs. strategic communication under pressure
-Responding assertively and strategically when managing shifting priorities. interruptions and conflict
-Developing an “I” statement to use when provoked or presented with a difficult situation
6. Action Plan: Identifying and applying one or two tools most applicable to managing your workplace chaos
TOEIC Score 650 or Higher
- Course outline is partly subject to change without prior notice.
月曜日 ～ 金曜日 9:00～17:30
休業日：土曜日・日曜日、 国民の祝日、年末年始休日 (12/29～1/4)